For Myra and Liezl, who were one of my first guinea pigs for this dish, here's:
Monique's Chicken Cheesemelt
6 pieces chicken breast fillets
1 can, chopped tomatoes
Quickmelt cheese, or any other easy-to-melt cheese ;-)
Olive oil (though any other cooking oil will do)
1. Clean the chicken breast fillet and pat dry. Since the fillets
may be too thick for frying, you can slice them by the flaps or pockets and
flatten them so they would be easier to cook. Season generously with salt and
pepper. Add a dash of dried basil.
2. Beat the eggs in a shallow bowl.
3. Drain the liquid from the chopped tomatoes. You'll only need the chunks
1. Heat a large pan or skillet. Pour 4 to 5 rounds of oil and wait until hot enough.
2. Dip the chicken breast fillets on the eggs and dredge on a bed of bread crumbs. Fry each fillet until crispy and golden brown.
3. Drain excess oil.
4. Top each chicken with the chopped tomatoes.
5. Grate a chunk of cheese on top of the tomatoes.
6. Sprinkle with some more basil.