My mother cooks this creamy recipe every once in a while. I love quail eggs, and I love how Mama flavors it the way she does. It's one of my comfort foods, if you will.
The recipe is pretty simple. Here it is:
Mother's Quail Eggs in Cream of Mushroom
Quail eggs, at least a dozen
1 can cream of mushroom
1 small can,
Diced carrots, green peas, and corn bits (you can get the
pre-packed ones in supermarkets)
1. Boil the quail eggs and remove the shells. Set aside.
2. In a pan, sautee the crushed garlic in olive oil. Don't burn the garlic!
3. Add the mixed vegetables and a small chunk of butter.
4. Mix in the prawns.
5. Pour in the cream of mushroom first, and then the evaporated milk.
6. Finally, add the quail eggs and cook until the cream and the milk thicken. Add salt and pepper to taste.