I tried this recipe last Holy Week, because Archie and I were craving for pasta but couldn't eat meat, it being holy days of obligation and all. This dish is easy to prepare, very cheap and of course, good for your health especially your heart. Here's the recipe. :)
TUNA PASTA IN OLIVE OIL
1/2 k or 400 grams spaghetti noodles
1/4 cup olive oil
2-4 heads garlic, chopped
3-5 tomatoes, seeded and julienned
2 cans tuna, drained
1. Pre-cook pasta until al dente. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan in medium-high heat. Saute garlic until fragrant. Careful not to burn them!
3. Add tomatoes and cook until tender.
4. Mix in the tuna and continue cooking until heated through.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. To serve, mix in with the pasta and toss together.
If you don't have a measuring cup, you can just use 3-4 rounds of olive oil on your pan. As for the tuna, you can buy the tuna flakes (like Century Tuna), either in brine or vegetable oil. Be sure to leave just a teeny bit of the brine or oil so that the flavor of the tuna will be retained. Or, if you want your pasta a little bit spicy, you can also use Spanish-flavored canned tuna.